Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Access to shutter on a Vito Automatic Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Access to shutter on a Vito Automatic « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Marco Gandolfo

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 07:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Proud and confident after quickly restoring operation of a compur rapid mounted on Retina I, I've just put before me a Voigtlander Vito Automatic I whose Prontormatic 125 blades won't open.
I first removed two quite evident screws (those holding the distance scale around the front lens ass'y). I wiggled this unit but nothing's happened, so clearly this is not the way-in and I won't attempt to try the same with the film sensitivity (2 screws) or aperture (another 2 screws) scales.
I am ashamed for not being able to figure out how to tackle this apparently much simpler job and shutter.
Should I try to unscrew the front lens? Any suggestions, someone out there? I'd hate to damage a relatively basic but otherwise mint and handsome camera.
Many thanks in advance. Thanks also for managing and enlivening this wonderful site!

Marco

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration