Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Agfa Billy 1 winder key required. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Agfa Billy 1 winder key required. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Russell Wheeldon

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 07:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have an Agfa Billy I 6x9 folder(c1932) in good condition that I'd like to use...except that the film winder key and washer is missing! I know that the potential source could be a donor camera but these are most common in Germany and with postage would cost around 25 Euro ~$30 ~£18! Anyone know of anywhere that would sell me just the key?
TIA

Alex

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 05:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Agfa Billy cameras are very common on Ebay, and you only need a junker that you could get for a fiver - it may even be better than the one you've got! My Billy cost £5 plus about £3 postage, and required only minimal TLC to get it going. If you get a spare like this, it can be a source of more than just the key and washer you're looking for, obviously. Others may know differently (and will doubtless say so), but I know of no source that supplies the individual components you're looking for.

Russell Wheeldon

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 05:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Agreed Billy Records are common on EBay but not the earlier Billy I. Unfortunately the keys are quite different....

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 06:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Russell,

As you say Billy 1 seem to go for between 25-40 Euro on eBay.

Have had success emailing eBay dealers who sell equipment that I want spares for, asking if they have broken or items for repair. I also ask if they will give a 'Buy It Now' price. Have been able to purchased some real bargains,especially from our Eastern European colleagues. Also Alex is perfectly correct with his comments on condition. Two Zorki 1 bodies brought as spares recently turned out to be better, both cosmetically and mechanically than the cameras I was repairing/modifying.

Glenn.

Alex

Posted on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 08:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I guess I must have been lucky. I got my Billy I on Ebay for £5 + £3.50. It was in as close to mint condition as I reckon it's possible for a folder to be - even the little leather handgrip strap shows absolutely no sign of wear or wrinkling. I've had enough duds, though, so I reckon I deserve this bargain!

Glenn's suggestion about e-mailing dealers looks a good one to me. They may well have bits of junk they reckon aren't even good enough for Ebay (notwithstanding the sellers I've encountered with no such scruples!), but which may just have what you need.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration