Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica YF Yashinon 1.8 LTM lens diap... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Yashica YF Yashinon 1.8 LTM lens diaphragm repair? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roger Provins

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 11:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The lens on my Yashica (Nicca) YF has a problem with the diaphragm. It works with slightly uneven circle down to 5.6 and then will go no further - I guess one blade is displaced.

Before I attempt a repair I wonder if anyone has experience of this particular lens or if there is any info. on the net? I've searched but with no luck.

Thanks
Roger

Winfried

Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 04:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Usually most lenses are built similar aperture-wise. In most cases best access is from the front. If you are lucky just one guide pin has hopped out of its slot in either the moving or the fixed slotted rings. This may happen if the aperture leaves are greasy and if you turn the aperture dial too fast.

If you are not lucky, a pin has broken off.

I have successfully replaced broken aperture leaf pins by tapping a small screw through the hole (pins are either riveted or welded, in both cases they leave a hole when they break off). Prior to that I sand the area around the hole until I see blank metal. If you find a brass or steel (no stainless steel) it will be solderable - plumpers solder paste is much more effective on soldering metal parts than electronic solder. File down one end of the screw flush to the leave and the other to suitable length.

If the diameter of the new pin is smaller than the original one you still will have a slightly unround aperture when closing it down firmly.

Roger Provins

Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 11:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Winfried. I was just wondering if anyone had disassembled this type of LTM Yashinon lens and if it had similarities of design, construction or parts with the non-interchangeable Yashinon. As it's a relatively rare lens I'd rather in this case try to gather some information before just diving in to attempt a repair :-)

Roger

rick

Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 08:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't have anything on a Yashinon; I do have a sketch for a 50/1.4 Nikkor in Leica mount --- the lens that went on the Nicca cameras before Yashica took them over --- if you think it might be of any help, you're welcome to a copy of it.

rick : ) =

Roger Provins

Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 01:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Rick could be helpful, a copy to [email protected] would be most appreciated.

Roger

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration