Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica G battery drain Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Yashica G battery drain « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dianne

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 06:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Has any one had a problem with a battery dying within minutes on a yashica G. I have had the camera for 20 yrs. I read that the camera takes great pics and I would like to salvage it. It is outwardly in great condition. It has "eaten" three new batteries. They get really hot. I have tried the Suggestion from the Yashica Guy site.I put in a little spring and used the suggested battery type??? Anyone???

WernerJB

Posted on Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 04:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If a battery gets eaten away in minutes as you say it indicates a massive shortcut in the wiring, that is why the battery becomes hot. I guess there is a metal object somewhere in the wiring causing havoc. I once encountered a tiny slothead screw (of a type that is not used in Yashicas) in the moving parts of a Y G preventing the shutter from working. It had probably been there for decades and only changed its position when I cleaned the shutter blades. Maybe something similar is wrong with your camera; good luck when hunting down the "copper worm" !

Dianne

Posted on Thursday, August 18, 2005 - 07:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I still need some help with my Yashica G. The camera lights fo a few minutes and the batteries heat up and die.Is this a simple problem that a camera shop can handle.I don't have the skill to do it myself.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration