Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon AE1 rewind knob assembly instru... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Canon AE1 rewind knob assembly instructions needed « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Betty Ferri

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 11:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I unscrewed the rewind knob and it fell off the camera. Need instructions on how to reassemble.

Thanks,
Betty
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn Middleton

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 03:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Betty,

I assume that because you have not just screwed it back on,that you have a few parts in front of you? Do you have a knob assembly,a rubber washer and a silver washer?If so the rubber buffer fits between the knob and silver washer,then screw back on.Use a suitable item in the rewind fork to hold shaft whilst you tighten knob (screwdriver, piece of wood).

Do not push the rewind shaft into the camera if the back is closed,can be awkward to pull out against the pressure of the detent spring.Screw knob back on and open back,before doing anything.

If you have more parts off the camera or still have problems contact me directly.

Glenn

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration