Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

EBC Fujinon 100/2.8 - Some Help? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » EBC Fujinon 100/2.8 - Some Help? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

chris burck

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 02:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hello all.

i picked up a ebc 100/2.8 on auction, and it's not quite up to the seller's description. the main problem is, it's loose at the point where the lens barrel mates with the mount/aperture ring assembly, and in the helicoid. it's very slight in both places, but the combined play worries me in terms of focus (not to mention being really annoying).

i didn't pay much for it, so it's not really worth the time or expense of returning it. if i can fix it i'll have a good user.

i'm pretty sure i have the solution for the looseness where the mount connects to the lens barrel. however, as concerns the helicoid, i removed the focus ring but this doesn't appear to be the way inside. i also tired gripping the barrel in different places and turning one way, then the other. nothing came of this either, and i didn't want to force anything. so unless i've missed something, i'm left with trying to get in via the front (getting in through the back looks pretty labor-intensive and complicated).

there are a few problems with this, however, so before i go any further. . .does anyone have any experience with the fujinon m42 optics?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration