Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Dropped my minolta HI-MATIC 11 super ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Dropped my minolta HI-MATIC 11 super 3 circuit « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

eugenie michelle giasson

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 05:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It still works but I have to crank it two and a half times to advance to the next frame.I can't seem to find info on this particular model.Also, I've lost a bottom screw and don,t know where to get a replacement.There are no camera shops where I live, well not real ones...

Jonny McConey

Posted on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 09:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

find the nearest trash bin and throw this piece of shit there

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 01:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, that is a truly helpful post from 'Jonny'.

First of all, the Hi-Matic 11 is a superb camera, with excellent optics. Unfortunately, the cost of repair might not make much sense economically. The symptoms you are describing indicate that something might have gotten broken in the advance mechanism. Without knowing the extent of the impact damage, this would be difficult to diagnose.

I would suggest to do a search on eBay. These do pop up quite regularly and are not expensive - definitely cheaper than trying to repair one that was dropped.

All the best,

Jan

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 06:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jan,

I to felt that the 'helpful' post needed some comment but not knowing the Hi-Matic was wondering how to make a constructive comment on the original post.Glad to see that you were able to straighten things out for Eugenie.A bit of care and thought goes a long way in today's world.

Glenn.

Jon Goodman

Posted on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 08:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have one which works fine...shutter, meter, but the aperture doesn't close. Looks good, too. Really pretty nice, except for a small ding on the filter ring. $10 plus shipping if somebody wants to give it a try. You could use it for wide open pics only...or you could fix it. I simply have not had time to do anything with it.

Jon

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration