Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica mat 124 G update - parts needed Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Yashica mat 124 G update - parts needed « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dale H

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 05:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

With the notes and links provided, I was able to remove the shutter cover and locate the problem. The speed dial pinion (6M-680) and speed dial gear (6D-066d) do not engage properly at all shutter speeds, apparently from wear. It appears that I need to replace both parts. Also, the speed dial knob (204-308) fits very loosely in the shutter cover, but there does not appear to be a replaceable bushing for this.

The question now becomes, is their a source for replacement parts? I would prefer not to canabalize another used camera, since the parts are likely to be worn and may be only marginally better than the ones I have.

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 08:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You will have to find a breaker.In the 3 or 4 I have rebuilt it has always been the wind-on that had gone phut.All other bits were OK.Sorry I let my last rebuild kit go on eBay a while back,so cannot help in the parts department.

Dan Mitchell

Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 03:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You might check with Mark Hama http://www.markhama.com/

I e-mailed Yashica once asking about parts for old cameras and they suggested contacting Mark Hama.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration