Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Ikonta M again - Film wind problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Ikonta M again - Film wind problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tim Shepherd

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 12:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
I have my first roll of film back and everything looks good exposure and sharpness wise but!!! The film was wound very loosely on the take up spool (it overlapped the spool slightly) this has resulted in fogging starting at frame 3 and getting progressively worse. I did open the back before the film was completely rewound but don't think this caused the problem. The spring on the unexposed reel seems too far away from the spool and is bottomed on the case but does not look broken. Any advice please

Thanks

Tim

Winfried

Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 01:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had similar problems with an Ikonta 521 (6x4.5). Some rolls were fogged and I first thought it was a light leak or red window problem. Then, when I removed a film I found it was wound with very low tension.

I rebend the leaf springs which are supposed to run against the spool flanges, and also the wide tab of springy steel which is supposed to press against the full spool. Next roll was unfogged.

Tim

Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 02:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the reply I was thnking of doing this but was worried about breaking the springs. The wide springs seem very stiff and possibly brittle, but I will give it a cautious try

Thanks Tim

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration