Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica FR-1 jammed Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Yashica FR-1 jammed « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Berk Sirman

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, July 25, 2005 - 02:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi

I was trying to put the front standard back on the diassembled Yashica FR-1 today and something went wrong.

The shutter is jammed. I wound the camera but the shutter doesnt fire. Everything else works (lightmeter, battery check etc) I think I disturbed some cam that activates the mirror. Any ideas how this can be fixed? I hope I didnt cause a shortcircuit somewhere but that is unlikely.

Thanks in advance

Berk
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glen

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, August 06, 2005 - 02:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You can try to move the shutter cam and see if that drops the mirror. Take battery out, set shutter speed dial on 1/125. With the camera upside down, lens mount forward, to the right of the tripod mount screw hole there is a yellow capacitor. Between the capacitor and the tripod screw there is a short black post with two springs bearing against it, one coil, and one single-wire-type. With a screwdriver gently push this post away from you and towards the lens mount. This will fire the shutter and should drop the mirror. Put in a battery, wind/cock shutter and press shutter button to test.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration