Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus OM-1 film advance problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Olympus OM-1 film advance problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nick Lemoyne

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 07:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello everyone. Recently my beloved Olympus OM-1 has become jammed. I can not pin point the specfic area of the problem but the estimated $100 repair is out of my budget. The main problem is that the film advance lever will not crank and the toothed spool on the right side is jammed. The shutter release can be pressed down but has no effect on releasing the shutter. I have taken the camera apart and studied the parts and I think, if I can have a little help, I will be able to fix my OM-1. However I am calling on anyone and everyone to please suggest some ideas on what may be going on and how I can fix it. Thanks and have a good day.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Veronica Presley

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, October 08, 2005 - 01:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello! I am a photo student and I am in need of an apparently very rare part for my Olympus OM-1 camera; a light meter coil. If anyone knows of a company, place, individual that could supply me with this part it would be greatly appreciated. This camera is VERY valuable to me and has become a sort of family hierloom. It is very important that I find this part and get my camera back in perfect condition.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration