Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta X-700 Capacitor Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Minolta X-700 Capacitor « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Harlee

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, July 30, 2005 - 05:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've decided to go into my X-700 and replace the capacitor[s] to see if I can get it up and running again. Thanks to the archives, I've found a web site that locates these capacitors. I'm going to replace the bottom one first to see what happens. My question is, where can I find a 220uF/4v capacitor, or equivalent? Do you think that Radio Shack would carry any such animal? If not, then where would you suggest? Thanks for any help you can offer.

rick oleson

Posted on Saturday, July 30, 2005 - 05:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

they have minolta replacement capacitors at micro-tools.com - look under 'specialized camera parts'. they're so cheap they practically give them away.

: ) =

Will

Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 09:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Might need to really clean the circuit board before you replace that part, a dying electrolytic capacitor can sometimes leak its guts out and cause further problems..

morpheuse

Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 04:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

how do u clean it?

Winfried

Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 06:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You should remove any gunk you see with a toothpick or similar. Take care not to interrupt the copper traces. Finally clean the board with small hard brush and alcohol. If you want to restore it into like-new condition you can paint the board (after resoldering the new capacitor) with the transparent coating used to protect printed circuit boards. If it is NOT a brownish base material but a greenish one (epoxy) this is not necessary.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration