Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Fujica Drive Half-Frame Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Fujica Drive Half-Frame « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

camille

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 03:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have just bought my second Fujica Drive (my first one was in very good condition except for the fact that it stopped working one day and I never figured out how to fix it) and am a bit disappointed in the condition of the lenses. The mechanism is working properly but both the viewfinder and lens are filthy. I would like to open up the camera to clean these myself. Any tips on the best way to open the camera to get to the lens?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Scott

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 04:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't have any specific advice about opening the lens for cleaning except that I recall that I had to take all of the leatherette off before I could see which screws to remove.

Be careful opening up cameras that have that sort of spring-driven "motor".

I'll repeat a warning I've given before at least once concerning this camera: Next time I try to open up the bottom (where the spring-wound "motor" sits), I'm going to wear eye protection and gloves of some sort. Last time I got whipped and cut by the spring as it unwound itself into a knot. It's at least a half meter long, and I had no idea how much force it can hold if it is tensioned. I later decided that the motor-drive section can be removed as a unit, without opening the actual spring housing. If you do remove that section, I would reccomend holding the wind knob with one hand as you pull off the unit, so as to take the torque off of the linkage to the shutter wind mechansim.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration