Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Ninolta XG-M won't advance film mirro... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Ninolta XG-M won't advance film mirror is in up position. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Paul Clark

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 10:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a MInolta XG-m, I just picked it up, looking through the view finder when I got it I was able to focus it fine, the light meter didn't seem to to be working so I put in new batteries, nothing changed for a few minutes, I could still focus, I also bought film. I put in a roll, but was unable to advance it as the lever would not move more than 1/4 inch. There is a small black button in front of the advance lever and when you depress it a red light comes on on the front of the camra. So I know the batteries are good, I kept trying to advance the film, without any luck. I pushed the shutter button and it clicked like I had taken a picture. Now the mirror is in the up position and I can no longer look through the camera. I have been told it could be an elec. problem? Is this worth having fixed? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Paul Clark
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

O J Dilworth

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 05:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear Paul Clark. I am having the same problem with my XG-1. My batteries are also good. My mirror is also in the upward position and I can no longer see through the view finder. What gives.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration