Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Lynx 14 Shutter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Yashica Lynx 14 Shutter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dennis Christopherson

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 04:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Lynx 14 shutter assembly torn down and ready to reassemble. There are 5 identical shutter leaves and 5 identical spacers with 2 small pins per spacer. Then there is one extra spacer with only holes and no pins. I understand how all the leaves set over the spacers and overlap one-another except for one which sits on top. I am wondering where the unique spacer goes. The housing had separated and let some of the shutter leaves fall free before I opened it up, so I couldn't get a proper look-see going in. Anyone familiar with this area?
Thanks!

WernerJB

Posted on Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 03:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take a closer look at Henry taber's repair article about the Lynx 5000, and you will know how everything gets back together again. When I followed his instructions everything was fine, except that one of my tools was magnetic, and I had not realized it had affected one of those tiny two-holed spacers. When I lifted the tool, that tiny blue steel spacer/washer was lifted too and WHOOPS! vanished somewhere and was gone for good. Since then I have a lot of Y electro spare parts. This is to say make sure that you do not use magnetic screwdrivers!

Dennis C

Posted on Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 04:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks JB -That's a good point concerning the magnetic tools affect on these thin steel parts -I'll be careful of that. I have studied Henry Taber's Lynx 5000 article, and don't see where he describes the setting of the individual shutter blades. The Lynx 14 is probably a little different animal anyway. It looks to me like the set of 5 spacers have to be installed over the drive ring pins first. There are 2 pins riveted to each of these spacers. Then the shutter blades set over the protruding spacer pins with the 5th blade overlapping the blade on either side. That leaves me with one left over plain spacer (no pins) whose profile shape is a little different than the others. Unless I learn otherwise, I'll assume that extra spacer sits on top of the last shutter blade. (It could also fit between the shutter blade and the other spacer below it).

WernerJB

Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 12:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry for not being able of any help, the camera I had apart was a Y electro 35 and, as in your case, it is different from the Lynx. H. Taber's photos, however, were useful in my repair adventure. Maybe there is somebody else out there with more knowledge about the Lynx. I am also very interested in the solution to your problem, I wish you luck in your reassembling it, WJB.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration