Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Shutter Problems - Voigtlander Vitomatic Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Shutter Problems - Voigtlander Vitomatic « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Steve Mortimer

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 04:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi. I was given a Vitomatic 2a a few weeks ago. When I attempt to take a picture, it makes a dull click, nothing more. The shutter blades do not move a fraction when the shutter release button is depressed. ( The shutter release button operates perfectly, so this isn't stuck).
I am also having problems removing the film from the camera. When I tried to rewind the film using the rewind knob, I encountered resistance. Once the slack had been taken up, it just would not budge - I don't want to force anything. I have opened the back. The problem seems to lie with the take-up spool. It will only move in the take-up direction and won't release the film.
Hope someone can be of help. Thanks

Ezio

Posted on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 07:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First of all, this camera only works with film in it & if the film is advanced properly. The rewind knob if lifted by pressing on the small protruding lever on the camera's left side. Litfing the knob automatically frees the take-up spool. If this does not happen, as a first step I would remove the film (by breaking it if necessary).

Steve Mortimer

Posted on Monday, August 08, 2005 - 06:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Ezio. Problem is, I did load a film and the film did advance properly. Also, the rewind knob did pop up smoothly when I pressed on the small protruding lever. This is what I turned. The take-up spool won't release the film. Any further suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I would really like to get this thing working.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration