Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Electro 35 GT shutter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Yashica Electro 35 GT shutter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

[email protected]

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 02:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

My battery work efficiently and the check led is lighting. All the functions are operating. When I press the shutter release button, at half-stroke, the slow/over led work according to the exposure, but completely down pressed, i can heard a simple "clic" but no shutter mouvement.

Also, when i move down the self-timer and after i press down the shutter release, the shutter don't clic 8 seconds later... At "B" setting, the shutter is not open when i keep the relase button pressed. I hear just "clic" and nothing....

I think it's a mechnical problem but i don't know how to access the part to repair. How can i open the lens to reach the shutter. Please help me.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

WernerJB

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 03:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This sounds like your camera's shutter is gummed up, in other words its blades stick together because they are (partly) covered with a sticky residue that over time has crept there from both the clockwork and, more likely, the helicoil.
The usual cleaning procedure requires removal of the name plate ring and the front lens element to have access to the front side of the blades which then are carefully cleaned with cotton swabs wettened with lighter fluid. Quite often this helps. I always clean the blades also from the side pointing to the film, as otherwise the shutter will probably fail again after a while. But this can only be done after removal of the rear lens element, a somewhat more complicated repair which cannot be recommended for a complete novice. My advice is to use this forum's "Keyword Search" function (and the internet) first, gather as much information as possible and then start to tackle the problem, lots of luck, W.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration