Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Jammed OM-1 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Jammed OM-1 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nick

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, August 06, 2005 - 10:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a jammed OM-1 that I want to try and fix but I don't know exactally where to look or what to look for. The film advance lever does not cock and the shutter button has no effect on the shutter. Any ideas or advice is welcome. Thanks.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

rick oleson

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, August 06, 2005 - 11:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One thing that happens sometimes in OMs is that a screw comes loose in the wind mechanism. This screw is in the center of a partial (about 3/4 toothed) gear, about 10-12mm in diameter, accessible under the baseplate. This gear is spring loaded so that it returns to the toothless position when at rest. If the screw at its center comes loose and lets it unwind, you need to rewind the spring so that the gear rests in its proper position and retighten the screw. This screw has a LEFT HAND thread.

Of course there are other possible causes for your problem; but this one is worth checking out, I've had it happen in one brand new OM1 and at least two other OM's.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration