Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon FG focus creen clean Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Nikon FG focus creen clean « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mike

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, August 12, 2005 - 11:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have an old Nikon FG with lots of debris on the focus screen. It's the usual dust and dirt plus some horrible black goo from the old deteriorated foam on the mirror stop. Can someone tell me a safe way of cleaning the screen? Obviously it doesn't affect photo's, but if I can clean it up witjout damaging it I will.

Jon Goodman

Posted on Friday, August 12, 2005 - 03:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Please contact me at: Jon_Goodman@yahoo.com. The re-sealing instructions I've written for the Nikon EM models include directions & images on removing the screen and re-sealing it, and I think they will work for the FG, also. I can also sell you a nice kit which contains the proper foam to re-seal that camera for only $6...it needs a very thin light seal material at the hinge end, and it is in my kit. If you want to see the kit, please search on E-Bay...my ID is Interslice.

Jon

Mike

Posted on Saturday, August 13, 2005 - 03:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Jon, just wanted to post my thanks publicly as well as in the email I sent you. Your instructions were brilliant, and I had the screen out, washed and re-installed in no time.

So thanks again,

Mike.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration