Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax Spotmeter Disassembly Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Pentax Spotmeter Disassembly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jan Dvorak

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, August 12, 2005 - 03:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am trying to disassemble a Pentax Spotmeter model III - similar in appearance to model V, but earlier manufacture. It is the one that is of an 'L' shape, with removeable optical unit at the end of the short leg of the 'L'.

Somebody left the PX625 battery in it for too long, the whole battery door is full of green corrosive junk and cannot be opened. The only way to clean it properly would be to take the meter apart, but for the life of me I cannot find any access points.

Anybody with some knowledge?

Many thanks,

Jan

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Saturday, August 13, 2005 - 04:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anybody with ANY ideas?

Thanks, Jan

Colga

Posted on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 03:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

try this

http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/

http://www.pentax-manuals.com/

Colga

Posted on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 04:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/spotmeter_iii/spotmeter_iii.htm

Colga

Posted on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 04:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/spotmeter_iii/body06.jpg .. in the midle there looks like a screw , i m allmost sure thats the way to light cells, but not the way to battery... u can check the handle place of the metter for fissures that shows some open way ... try to unglue some cosmetic cover if it have any and look beind it for screws ... its all i can remeber to help .. sry for so litle .

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Wednesday, August 17, 2005 - 03:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Colga,

Thanks for the input. I found all the pages you were kind enough to post, prior to posting my querry here.

Have been a little busy in the office lately and my hobbies are being neglected for a while. I will try removing the dial, but don't think that will be the access point. I will poke around the covering, to see if any hidden screws lurk around.

Thanks again,

Jan

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration