Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

X370 shutter jam Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » X370 shutter jam « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bill

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 07:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello! I received some great advice indicating the capacitor may be responsible for my shutter jam. More details include the LED's show up and when I depress the shutter they shut down without releasing the shutter. Does this indicate more of a mechanical problem as well? Please respond to [email protected]. I love this camera, thanks for your help. Bill
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jon Goodman

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 07:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, it may mean the shutter capacitor is failing. It also may mean the release magnet is dirty, but that is another story. If the shutter capacitor is failing, you can repair it yourself...if you are (a) very patient and (b) pretty good with a soldering tool. Knowledge of electronics and an understanding of polarity and things like this help, also. I probably have the capacitor...the trick here is finding the proper size. If you can tell me the value on yours (it is beneath the bottom plate over to one side...blue and about the size of a pencil eraser), I can send you one for my cost + shipping. Usually this is about a dollar or a dollar fifty...sometimes more if you are in another country.

Jon

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration