Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Arette 1D, rangefinder adjustment Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Arette 1D, rangefinder adjustment « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Scott

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, August 19, 2005 - 08:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok, here's a question to stump collectors of odd-ball, off-brand 1950s German rangefinders. There's an odd feature on my Arette 1D which I've never seen before. I was just curious whether anybody knows what it is and how it works.

I want to correct the horizontal rangefinder adjustment, so I removed a screw/plug from the back of the top plate which exposes a 3mm diameter hole, and inside I see a pin which is red painted bright red. While pushing on the pin, I see the yellow RF image shift horizontally. The pin inside has no screwdriver slot. To the right there is another smaller screw/plug which allows access to the vertical adjustment screw. So it seems obvious that the RF was meant to adjustable without removing the top plate. So...how is one supposed to correct the horizontal adjustment? By pushing the red-painted pin? How?

It's got the Prontor SVS shutter. The slow-speed assembly seems a bit sticky, as the cam-following pin is not following the cam into the deeper slots. I'd like to remove it for cleaning, but I can't see what it's connected to. Just how hard is it to get it back in?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration