Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

PENTAX Spotmatic SPII...SW switch mis... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » PENTAX Spotmatic SPII...SW switch missing/stuck « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kathie Wideman

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 05:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This camera was given to me and has been in storage. It has the SW switch missing and the little stub that is left appears to be stuck in the down position. I wanted to use it for a photography class. I know nothing about 35mm cameras and not much about photography (except point&shoot) Can this camera be easily fixed? Can I posibly do the repair? How much will it cost? Is the camera worth saving by doing the repair?

rick

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 10:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is the switch on the left side of the lens mount, that turns on the meter? In the Pentax, this is not hard to get to for repair. Finding a part to replace the broken switch will be harder, you'll need another Spotmatic to donate the parts. Unless this is something you want to do yourself, you would probably be better off buying another Spotmatic body than investing in repair on this one. On the other hand, if you DO want to do it yourself, you probably can. In either case you'll be buying another Spotmatic though.

rick : ) =

Kathie Wideman

Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 12:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for answering rick. You are probably right about trying to repair it. I took out two screws and had trouble putting them back. Is this a good beginner camera? Should I upgrade instead of spending money on this model?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration