Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta SRT 101 DOF switch Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Minolta SRT 101 DOF switch « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Thomas Munich

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 11:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone. On my old SRT 101, the depth-of-view switch isn't working properly anymore. The button on the side of the lens mount is fully out, but cannot be pressed in and the lens' aperture is open nevertheless. The metal triangle inside the mount that makes the connection to the adequate pin on the lens has come loose of the button. When I press this triangle to the left in its supposedly normal position, I can see a thin metal blade (some sort of spring) on the right side, and it's only attached on one end.

My question: I think, this spring should be attached on both ends (or at least wedged in somehow), but I have no idea as to where. The only schematics I found are these:

https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/manuals/minoltasrt101.zip

on the pic called srt101-2.tif, the section in question is to be seen, but not clearly enough for me to be of any help.

The camera is still exposing correctly.

I should add that to this point, I was operating just with the lens unmounted, and I'm a little reluctant to open the whole casing, since I'm not a camera techie. Any ideas??

Thanks in advance,
Thomas

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration