Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mamiya RB67 lens removal Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Mamiya RB67 lens removal « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 07:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The shutter on my old Mamiya RB67 Professional has jammed open which means I cannot remove the Lens. I know there is a hole behind the leather covering and that the use of a paperclip can release the lens. But try as I might I cannot push down the release mechanism that will allow the releae ring to complete its rotation. Any one out there know what I am talking about and has advice. Thanks
John

paul ron

Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 08:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yeah I saw this on Mamiya site today.

You have to insert the clip when the ring reaches the stoping lever just under the hole and that will let the ring pass. You'll have to manipulate the lens a bit to get it off as well. Don't force anything, you'll bend the mounting flange.

Another way, since you can cock the lens, is to hold the cocking lever down while rotaing the ring and the lens should come right off.

paul ron

Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 08:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

BTW what is the problem the lens or the body?

It sounds like the body isn't cocking the lens far enough to lock it in. It's an easy fix if the camera cocking gear wear isn't beyond it's adjustment limits.

Which camera is that and how old?

E-mail me if you have any questions? I also buy broken RB stuff for parts.

[email protected]
Paul, NYC

John Clifford

Posted on Sunday, August 28, 2005 - 01:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for input. The camera (rb67 Professional)is now in the shop and I am up to $240 so far.
The shutter would not lock up ie the mirror was up but the light flap returned to the down position. I did work the paper clip in the hole with the lens release ring at the position mentioned but I just could not push the stopping lever down to get the ring past that position. I do have a repair manual and figured out what had to happen. But happen it didn't and as I understand it the repair guy was going to have to work on the body to free things up. I should get it back next week and will report what I find out. Thanks again.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration