Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Mat EM repair story Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Yashica Mat EM repair story « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Per Bostrom

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 03:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I got this Mat EM.The self timer is stuck in engaged position, the shutter does not work, it can not be cocked and the shutter button can be pressed to bottom without any resistance. I am well aware of the m-sync/self timer bug and guess that this the reason.

My experience is limited to fixing and cleaning a Isolette but equipped with a repair manual I went to work on the EM with the idea to get to the shutter and loosen whatever may have hooked up there.

I thought the difficult part would be the shutter but problems have started much before that.
Leatheret off, no problem. Manual says four screws to loosen the first panel. Ah, there are eight of the. Unscrew the four big ones, notice that not one is like any other of them, the entire panel with lenses and shutter come loose. Back with them and go for the four smaller screws. They won´t release. Work off the old greasy glue. Screws are worn, have succeded with two of the, the next two for tomorrow.

As all eight screws so far has been very worned and will be more so as I work them I guess I will need to replace some of them. Is there any good sources for this?

JIM

Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 07:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Per-
Try www.micro-tools.com. They have small metric screws available in packs of 25.

Jim

Per Bostrom

Posted on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 12:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Jim, good source. Just have to find a way to measure the dimensions of existing screws,

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration