Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus OM2 mirror stuck Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Olympus OM2 mirror stuck « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Don

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 06:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently purchased an OM2 camera - it should arrive in a few days time...however, the mirror is stuck in the locked position - says the previous owner...

Has anyone had any experience with this problem? I read a "trick" on how to reset the mirrors ...just in case it doesn't work is their anyone here that can help me try to resolve the problem?

rick

Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 08:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This happens with the OM2 whenever you try to operate the camera with dead batteries (or no batteries). After installing fresh batteries, you need to turn the shutter speed ring to "B" to reset the mirror. (there's a little lock button at the lower corner of the lens mount that keeps the ring from going to "B" - press this as you turn the ring)

rick : ) =

Don

Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 08:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks - that is the "trick" I read about...(fingers crossed - I hope that is all that is wrong)

I asked the previous owner if he had dropped it - but have received no reply as of yet.

What would you suggest if trying the above does not work?
(I will of course test with new batts first)

I keep reading about fungus in / on lenses - if present is this fungus blatenly visible and can vinegar / soap / or microcloth really get rid of it? (I'd be afraid to disassemble a lense!)

Don

Posted on Monday, August 29, 2005 - 03:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I got lucky...it just had to be reset...I paid $30 with shipping...with a decent lense on it.
It appears OK the timer even works...

Is there a way to replace the hotshoe, this has a small crack in the plastic housing....

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration