Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Electro 35 Exposure Arrow Pro... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Yashica Electro 35 Exposure Arrow Problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ken Delano

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 09:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just bought an electro 35. I rigged a battery as described on other forums using a 123 battery (3V) and a LR44 (1.5v) button cell. The battery check light operates properly as does the red exposure arrow. The yellow arrow (both in the viewfinder and on top the camera does not operate. I tried 4 LR44 batteries (6V) to see if the voltage was the problem, but still no yellow arrow. Any ideas on what may be causing this problem and how to repair?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

charlie

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 06:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I bought an Electro 35 and found the camera not working. When I opened it up I found some of the wires completely corroded through. Apparently some previous owner had left a battery in too long. I replaced the main wire from the battery to the check button pad and got the camera working. You may have some more localizes corrosion. The camera looked to be in showroom condition and only by removing the cover could I see some of the corrosion.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration