Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus OM1 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Olympus OM1 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dan

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 10:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

in an attempt to fix the loose cord attatched to the apterture ring I have encountered a new problem. After removing the ring to examine the cord, i think in reinstalling the ring, i adjusted the gear, and i'm sure you know what kind of problem this has caused.
1) when a photo is snapped, the mirror goes up and stays up until i wind to the next frame.
2) it takes either 2 or 3 winds now till the lever stops winding.
3) the timer is malfunctioning.

How do i recalibrate the gear to synch it up with it's proper position? And how do I remove the top cover to get to the meter so i can re-attach the loose cord to the pulley in the meter box. Thanks much.

dan

Posted on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 10:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nevermind the calibration. Fixed that. Took 2 hours of tweaking till i found the right position. but still need to know how to remove the top of OM1

dan

Posted on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 11:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nevermind the calibration. Fixed that. Took 2 hours of tweaking till i found the right position. but still need to know how to remove the top of OM1

rick oleson

Posted on Friday, August 26, 2005 - 05:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi dan: email me for a sketch to remove the top cover of the om1. the wind lever problem sounds like a sticky clutch, i have a photo showing where that is.....

Veronica

Posted on Saturday, October 08, 2005 - 02:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't know much about camera repair, but I know that my beloved OM-1 needs the light meter coil replaced. It seems this part is very rare. Does anyone know of ANYWHERE that I could find one (or even just a good place to start looking)?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration