Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Very early Minolta Himatic - lens stu... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Very early Minolta Himatic - lens stuck on Auto « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Steve T.

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, August 27, 2005 - 11:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's an early Himatic, gray covering on the body, Chiyoda Kogaku marked on the bottom, Citizen Uni-E shutter? The camera requires no battery at all.

I had the bottom plate off, doing a bit of lubrication because the linkages were very sluggish. Now, and I don't know why, the lens is stuck on "Auto" and the ring will not move to other settings (B, 2, 2.8, 4, and so on). It was fine before. I believe the control is tied in with the timer. But the timer is working fine.

It's near-mint cosmetically. I hope it doesn't need to be totally disassembled.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Steve T.

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, August 27, 2005 - 12:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, it will move off "Auto" after the shutter is cocked, most of the time.

But now I realize I have a worse problem. The rangefinder focus is way out of whack. The second image, that you are suppose to line up with the main image, is way underneath and off to the side. You cannot line the images up. Is this adjustable? Fixable?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration