Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta x300 shutter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Minolta x300 shutter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Michael

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, August 27, 2005 - 05:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I got the the subject a couple of month ago from a friend.
It seems to be manufactured in the eighties.
The shutter used to stick on all speeds until I changed the capacitor on the bottom for the 220uF 16V one(the one I had handy,I tried others with the same results)which helped for a while(after about 50-100 shutter cycles).
I put it away for a couple of months and just recently picked it up and the shutter locks up on speeds of 1/30 and longer and needs to be reset from under the bottom cap.

I've been told it might be a dirty electromagnet or corroded wires leading to it.How do I access it?Is it under the plate which is held down by six screws(3 black 3 chrome) which has the tripod socket on it and to which the battery cap attaches?

Any other ideas how do I solve this problem?

Garry

Posted on Sunday, September 04, 2005 - 09:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Mike,

This problem has nothing to do with caps or release magnet. There is a problem with shutter block itself. It'll either need an adjustment or repair. If you would like to send it for service please visit our web site for more details www.garryscamera.com.

Garry
www.garryscamera.com

Henry

Posted on Sunday, September 04, 2005 - 02:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I agree with Garry, your problem doesn't sound like either caps or dirty magnet. I'm thinking on a X300 all speeds are controlled by the same chip...which isn't repairable (unless it is cold solder joints) only replaceable. I usually replace the whole flexboard. So if you don't have a donor you may have to send it somewhere.

Henry

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration