Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax me II winder problems... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Pentax me II winder problems... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeremy

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, August 27, 2005 - 09:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have an ME II winder on my ME super. When I last used it, it worked fine. Now, when I press the button for shutter release, it doesn't automatically advance the film. When I pesss (and hold) the button again, it advances the film and opens the first stage of the shutter. If I open the rear of the case and advance the film manually w/ the lever, it aso opens the rear of the shutter. Is this normal? I thought the winder advanced the film when you snapped a shot, all in one motion.

jeremy

Posted on Saturday, August 27, 2005 - 09:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just tried the winder on dad's old ME super that I want to fix up, and it works fine. I also notice that the shutter speed is way faster on dad's than mine, when set @ 125x.
So now, I know my camera's crappin out. Please help!

Jeremy

Posted on Saturday, August 27, 2005 - 09:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I also wanted to ad that the offending camera was serviced before I bought it 2 years ago. It was supposedly, cleaned, calibrated, and re-lubed.

Jeremy

Posted on Saturday, August 27, 2005 - 10:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK... I think I've found an important clue. I got it working intermittently, but once it starts acting up again, I can hold it upside down and it'll work flawlessly. Is there a spring uhooked in there somewhere?

Henry

Posted on Sunday, August 28, 2005 - 09:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jeremy, four messages here and one personally to me all in the same day about the same camera. You need to lay off the sugar and caffiene! :-)

But seriously, since the winder works fine off the camera (as my sole question in the email reply) and the camera works upside down, the problem, more than likely, is a spring has jumped off its catch. What spring? This very common problem is noted (and an arrow pointing to the spring) in my Pentax Rambling article.

Now have a Mountain Dew (combined high sugar and caffiene) and go read...

Henry

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration