Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Disassembly of a Olympus F.Zuiko 1:1.... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Disassembly of a Olympus F.Zuiko 1:1.8 f=50mm Lense « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John W. Hamill

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 01:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was able to disassemble my Olympuss F.Zuiko 1:1.8 f=50mm Lense to a point where there are
two lenses. These two lenses surront the
aperture. There is a
back lense and a front lense that I don't know
how to remove. I spoke with a sales man at
the store I bought the lense and he said that
the two lenses are glued on.

Is there a whey to
remove one of these two lenses?

This would allow
me to clean the inside surface of the two lenses.

This URL will show pictures of the lens.

http://www-personal.engin.umd.umich.edu/~jhamill/stuff/lense.htm

Thanks

Gary

Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 05:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try: http://olympus.dementia.org/Hardware/

Some free downloads to include that lens.

Good luck getting it all back together the way it came apart!

Wim Abbeloos

Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 05:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have an OM1N MD here so if you need any info I can always grab it to check something...

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 07:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

See if you can rotate the rear lens retaining/carrier ring.If it turns but does not unscrew, then the fit is of the snap-on type.The Canon 50/1.8 uses a snap fit carrier for rear group.

Lenses do need to come apart, so I find it hard to believe that the unit in your photos is glued up solid.If lens is glued into rear tube,does this tube come out of carrier plate?The tube is a separate part in the service diagrams.I cannot tell from your semi rear view how tube fits into rear carrier plate.

tim cornish

Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 11:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have the same issue - the front lens group is easy to remom}ve bust I cannot ever get the group apart to clean the surface of the second element. I think I might just force a real bad one and see how it is put together.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration