Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon FE2 shutter release problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Nikon FE2 shutter release problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Josh Earl

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 01:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently acquired a Nikon FE2 in nice shape. Everything seems to work fine, except that occasionally the shutter button won't fire. I'll push on it, and it feels as though it's locked. Usually if I shift index finger on the button a few times it comes loose and fires.

I tried fitting it with a cable release, and it does the same thing.

Any idea what would cause something like that? Is it an easy fix? I'd rather not delve too deeply into the innards of this thing. Any recommendations for a repair shop?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

doug

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 11:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Josh
When the shutter button won`t fire, try to trip it by pushing the small stud next to the winder socket on the base. If the shutter fires, the fault is under the top.
The most common one will be the click stop springs, or the Windlock has bent a small piece in the winder assembly.
This is not a difficult repair, if you can get the click stop springs ( there are 5 small spings )
Doug

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration