Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Tl-Super top plate removal Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Yashica Tl-Super top plate removal « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Berk Sirman

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, September 05, 2005 - 02:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need directions on how to remove the top plate of Yashica Tl-Super in order to adjust the hight of focusing screen (and blowing the dust off of it)

I may also need to adjust the flange depth, I need directions on that too.

I searched the internet but found no imformation on DIY repairs of Yashica M42 SLR's. Probably because they were never as popular as Spotmatics.

Thanks in advance,

Berk

Gary Whitehead

Posted on Monday, September 05, 2005 - 04:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

Some hints, but these are from memory not with a stripped camera before me.

The top plate comes off mostly in the normal manner: spanner wrench or rubber tool to get the wind lever plate off. Loosen the grub screw on the shutter speed knob, which then just lifts off. Remove the obvious screws on the top plate. Rewind knob unscrews in the normal manner.

Now the not so obvious bit. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REMOVE THE OBVIOUS SLOTTED RING AROUND THE REWIND SHAFT WITH A SPANNER WRENCH - YOU WILL DO DAMAGE. This ring holds the ASA setting potentiometer together insinde the camera and is securely fastened with a grub screw which can only be accessed once the top is off. The correct way is to undo the 3 flat head screws holding the ASA dial onto rotary selector, remove the plate and undo the two cross head screws on the selector - which then lifts off.

The top plate should come off easily at this point.

Good luck,

Gary.

Berk Sirman

Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 01:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Gary.

Tanner Woodford

Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 12:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I'm having problems with the top-plate removal also. I got everything off except for the wind lever. Any tips on getting it off successfully? Thanks!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration