Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax ME F curtains have come out of... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Pentax ME F curtains have come out of their housing « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Joy

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, September 05, 2005 - 11:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Help!
How do you remove the shutter housing (unit?). It looks like I have a problem with the curtains (please excuse my misuse/improper use of the terminology - I'm rather new here). When you look at them from the mirror box (the mirror is stuck up)the first curtain (is this right?) is entirely visable and the end furthest from the winder mechanism has popped out from the shutter mechanism and is sticking out into the mirror box. When looking at the 'curtains' from the film chamber you see that the second curtain is near the top of the shutter window and what I think is the "film-side" of the first curtain is bulging out into the film compartment keeping the second curtain from closing.

Q1 How do I remove the shutter assembly? I have read both the "Pentax ME Super Ramblings" and "Three common Failure Problems" but can't see how this unit come out?

Q2 Is it possible to return the first curtain to its original position inside the shutter mechanism and remove the bulging bit in the film compartment?

Any advice would be welcome!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration