Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica TL-Super meter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Yashica TL-Super meter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Anirban

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 03:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi All,
My Yashica TL-Super meter 'seems' to work
fine, except at the 1 sec shutter setting, aperture at f/16 and 100ASA, the needle is at the extremity on the overexposure side. I don't have a lens that stops down to f/22 or smaller, so I couldn't check with smaller apertures, but lowering the ASA film speed to 25 does not help. However, the meter reads correctly at 1/2 sec shutter speeds.

What can the reason be for this? Are built-in meters accurate at these very slow shutters?

Thanks,
AB

Berk Sirman

Posted on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 12:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My Tl-Super meters with 100ASA 1/2sec and up. 1/2sec at f/1.4 is EV2 with 100ASA film which is pretty low light level. I would not trust the Tl-Super meter at EV2. Even my spotmatic cannot meter well at EV2 and spotmatic meter responds much better at lower EV values than the Yashica. (well it does respond to light but it takes forever for the needle to move etc. Common with CdS meters)

But the needle should come down, not up when shutter speed/ASA combination is out of range and lowering ASA to 25 should help. So I guess there is something wrong.

The carbon ring inside of the ASA selector dial is problematic with Tl-Supers. Maybe that creates the problem.

Anirban

Posted on Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 09:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Berk,

Thanks for your inputs. The ASA dial was problematic; I rotated it to and fro a few times, and now the meter behaves correctly to ASA speed setting changes.

BTW, does anyone knows where I get a user's manual for the Yashica TL-Super?

Thanks,
AB

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration