Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon N6006 stopped working...HELP Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Nikon N6006 stopped working...HELP « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stormy

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 09:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Nikon N6006. It was working fine and then I went to use it one day and it wouldn't even load the film. I can see the LCD display just fine, it gets darker and lighter but it's still on.

Could the problem just be that I need a new battery or could it be something else? I can't find any troubleshooting things on this anywhere.

Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Stormy

rick

Posted on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 12:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have you not even tried a new battery?

Stormy

Posted on Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 06:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm getting a new battery this week. I really h ope that is all that is wrong with it. See, I found a user's manual for it online in .PDF form and it said that if the LCD display comes on then there is sufficent battery power to run the camera. So that is why I was wondering if it could be anything else.

Thanks so much for responding.

Stormy

rick oleson

Posted on Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 12:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

try the battery first and see.....

Roberto Rossi

Posted on Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 03:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you mean the brightness of the LCD was fluctuating when you were operating function buttons/switches,then the most likely cause is a very low battery.Depending on use, the mechanics can 'freeze up' on standing.Thus a battery that would normally just operate a 'used everyday' camera,will be unable to provide enough power to turn the winding motor and associated gears.The illumination of the LCD as a reliable camera function indicator, is dependant on the mechanics being in A1 condition.

However, if the brightness fluctuates immediately after switching on,then problem could be dirty switch contacts or degraded battery leads.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration