Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Fixing a Honeywell Pentax Spotmatic Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Fixing a Honeywell Pentax Spotmatic « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

rsaff

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 06:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

After taking the camera to a repair shop for a cleaning, it was returned (with no charge) with the film advance crank not cranking or the shutter button functioning. How could he have broken them, and can it be easily fixed?

rsaff

Posted on Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 06:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Also, I cannot open the battery compartment because the lid was screwed on too tight, is there any way I can loosen it enough to get to the battery?

rick

Posted on Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 09:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

sounds like he screwed up. what it takes to fix it depends on what caused the problem, and i don't have an immediate guess. i do have a sketch for getting the top off to have a look: http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-113.html

the battery lid is probably corroded shut, very common in pentaxes. i'd remove the baseplate and try to let some vinegar work its way into the threads and see if you can loosen it up. often these are goners.

Steve

Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 08:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you want to have it fixed, I have sent two Spotmatics to Crystal Camera (see website) and received them back in good order at a very reasonable charge.

Berk Sirman

Posted on Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 04:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I strongly remommend Eric at www.pentaxs.com for Spotmatic repairs. He charges very little and he is great to deal with.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration