Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon AS6 scratch on "lens window"... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Canon AS6 scratch on "lens window" « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Malcolm Woodward

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 11:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a canon AS6 waterproof camera. There is a scratch on the glass that protects the lens in the camera body. Is it possible to repair this (its deep) or is there a site that i can get replacement canon parts. So i could replace the "lens"
Any help or info would be helpfull
thx

Malcolm

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 11:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try Canon UK for spare part.If they fail to help,you might try contacting camera repair firms(Colchester Camera Repair Service- 01206 790009 is good),I have got spares this way.

On DIY front:If window is glass, use a car windscreen chip repair kit.Have used this method to repair filming window in rig for explosive testing.If window is plastic, use one of the polishing kits that a number of suppliers of watch repair tools,are selling on eBay.These 'Micro Mesh' kits use a range of special abrasive cloths,that allow the removal of deep scratches and repolishing of plastics and soft materials.A special polish finishes the job and the surface finish will be as manufactured.To do either repair the window should be removed to allow the repolishing.

Try eternaltools.com for Micro Mesh kits on line.

Malcolm Woodward

Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 11:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the info
i will check to see if its glass or plastic (think glass)
Thx

malcolm

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration