Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica MAT-124G questions: meter/bat... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Yashica MAT-124G questions: meter/battery/"B" shutter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Artur

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 02:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

just acquire a yashica mat 124 and I have some question, please help.

1) How do I know the meter is working? How do I know the battery is NOT dead? I just can not make the yellow and red indicator align no matter what light it is. any idea?

2) It appears the "B" shutter is not working, it sounds like a 1/30 to me, could it be that it's use battery to open the shutter and the battery is dead? ot a mechnical problem?

Thanks

Artur

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 02:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try a new battery first and see what happens.If still not working check the wiring/linkage by removing hood assembly.

If B not working then mechanical problem,Shutter is mechanical,battery for meter only.

Mark Wood

Posted on Friday, September 09, 2005 - 02:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Apologies if you know this already but the meter is only switched on when the hood is open. (I assume the 124 is essentially the same as the 124G but with a bit less plastic?) I believe that this switching mechanism can be a cause of problems. Even with a proper mercury battery, it's not the most accurate meter anyway!

Mark Wood

Posted on Friday, September 09, 2005 - 03:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

PS: To check if the meter is working at all, put in a good battery, set the film speed to 400 asa and point the meter cell directly at a bright light. As you open the hood, the red meter needle should "jump" most of the way across to the right (as you look down onto it from the back of the camera).

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration