Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica TL-Super Meter: Again Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Yashica TL-Super Meter: Again « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Anirban

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, September 09, 2005 - 07:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi All,

The meter in my Yashica TL-Super seems a little off: it shows overexposure when exposure is in fact correct. Is there any D-I-Y adjustment that could be done at the bottom (like some other cameras) for the meter?

Also, I'll be glad if anyone could point me to the user's manual for this camera. I'd hate to spend $20 on a manual for a camera that cost $30 on the 'Bay.

Thanks,
Anirban
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Berk Sirman

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 04:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi again,

I do not know the real way to do it but there is an easy trick. The ASA number plate can be loosened and re-located on the dial. Canculate how much the meter is off. If it is one stop overexposing for example just put the dial to 100ASA, loosen the number ring, move it so that it shows 50ASA WITHOUT moving the dial beneath and tighten the screws. This solution is not the best one since if you adjust for more than 1/2 stops or so the ASA dial will not move to 800ASA or 25ASA, it will stop short. And according to specs the camera should meter at 100ASA and 1/2sec and so forth. This will also change depending on which direction you adjust it. If your meter is non-linear before it will still be non-linear after the adjustment.

Contact Mark Hama who specilizes in Yashicas. If he is having a good day he will maybe give you directions on how to do it the real way. But I would not keep my hopes high as he would want you to send him the camera for a $85 CLA instead. www.markhama.com

Information on M42Yashicas on the net is very limited. If you were asking about Spotmatics you would get many useful anwers, plus instruction and repair manuals for those cameras are available on line free of charge. Spare parts are widely available too, unlike Yashicas. Too bad Spotmatics do not have real mirror lock-up like Tl-Super and Tl-Electro X.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration