Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

For removal the rewind knob on Fed 5 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » For removal the rewind knob on Fed 5 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Little Philippe

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, September 10, 2005 - 06:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, i want open the cover of my Fed 5. But i can't. I don't know what to do for remove blacks rings with asa number and speed/operture numbers. How proceed? I can't see any screws or something else
Thank you.
Sorry for my poor english.

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Saturday, September 10, 2005 - 07:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go to Rick Oleson's site- www.rick_oleson.tripod.com
Go to Tech Notes and search Fed/Zorki entry.You will find all you want on this excellent site.

little philippe

Posted on Saturday, September 10, 2005 - 09:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank Glenn, i know this very good site. But, this site explain for arm lever for fed 5. Nothing (i believe) for the rewind knob (fed 5).
Excuse me, i am very block.

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Saturday, September 10, 2005 - 09:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Looking at pics,I think the rewind knob just unscrews.It has a right hand thread.Place a screwdriver blade in the forks of the rewind shaft to hold shaft as you turn knob.

Sorry I cannot be of more help,but have only worked on FED 1,2 and 3.Perhaps a 4,cannot remember it was long ago.

little philippe

Posted on Saturday, September 10, 2005 - 10:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Glenn and thank you for your responses. I believe that more complicate.
A screwdriver in the fork unscrew only le head of the rewind knob. There is a clips on the axis on the bottom. For remove this clips, it is necessary to remove the blacks rings with lot of number. It is perhaps very simple, but i don't understand.

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Saturday, September 10, 2005 - 11:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Which model of the FED 5 is this?Does it have an exposure meter in top cover?
I assume that the black dials (rings) are the meter dials,because you mentioned that one of them had shutter speeds on it.If dial was just to remind you of film loaded,then you only need ASA values.

All I can say is; that from seeing pictures of the underneath of top plate,the meter bits are all contained in the top plate.So I wonder if you actually have to remove the dial/rings.

Sorry,the pictures were on a site that I cannot find now,so I cannot help you any more.If you tell me the actual model you have I will see if I can find them again!

I assume you have tried to lift the top off,now that you have removed the rewind knob?

little philippe

Posted on Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 06:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Gleen, I am a stupid boy. the black ring with asa number and the black ring with speed and operture number stay on the cover. The removal of the rewind knob head is sufficient.
Yes, the fed 5 is repair.
"Why make simple when we could do complicate"
It's a french proverb.

Thank you for your interest.

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 08:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Glad you got it sorted.I have come across your proverb.Here in UK we would attribute the complication to one of Mr Murphy's 'Laws'!

Glenn.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration