Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pen EE top removal Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Pen EE top removal « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Andrew McPhee

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 06:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can anyone offer advice on how to remove the top of a Pen EE? I took out the two screws under the rewind crank (and the screw in the middle of the crank) and the screw on the counter end near the strap lug. But the top seems to be still attached at the counter end and I don't want to prise too much. Have I missed a screw or something?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, December 03, 2005 - 06:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Andrew, There is a screw (of sorts) in the middle of the counter. You will see two small holes there for the purpose of inserting a spanner wrench.

Did you also remove the rewind crank itself? To do so, insert a screwdriver blade into the slot of the rewind crank (inside the film cartrige bay) then gently turn the crank counter-clockwise until you feel it give.

If you get both of those the top should come right off.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration