Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica electro 35GT - non functionin... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Yashica electro 35GT - non functioning exposure electrics « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Andrew Spackman

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 07:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello
Can anyone help. Just boughta Yashica electro 35 GT from a seller on ebay. Foolishly, bought it in the knowledge that they hadn't put a replacement battery in it.
I fitted a 6v PX28S (silver) battery with a spring to make up the size difference.

The battery test shows nothing and the exposure 'over' and 'slow' bulbs don't light. Also, no change in shutter speed can be detected.

Can anyone help with a simple check and repair.

Thanks

Andy

Ned Armstrong

Posted on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 02:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would suspect a continuity problem in corrosion or breakage of the power wires that lead from the battery contacts.

charlie

Posted on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 02:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My GSN had a similar problem. When I removed the battery check light button panel and looked inside I could see a lot of green corrosion on the pads of the small pc board inside. I had to take off the top and bottom covers and replace the wire from the battery compartment to the check light pad. The wires from there to the warning lights were corroded through but I haven't bothered to replace them yet. There are electrical diagrams available if you do a Google search but you may not need them. Good luck.

Mike Ray

Posted on Monday, October 03, 2005 - 05:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm in a similar situation, but my battery check works. Shutter speeds seem to change also, but I get no indications anywhere-- no arrows and no lights on top. Any suggestions?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration