Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Electro 35 GTN - loud click Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Yashica Electro 35 GTN - loud click « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jonathan

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 07:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've heard a lot about the Electro on this forum and elsewhere. Even though I suspect that's partly because they often break, I decided to get one. Now I can see that there's a lot to like about them.

When I begin advancing the film, it makes a loud click, as if releasing a sprung part. The rest of the operation sounds, and seems, to work fine. Is this click normal?

Howard

Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 08:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jonathan,
Yes!! the click (clunk) is normal. If you don't hear it then you do have a problem.
If you find a good one they are great cameras with very sharp lens. I think the reason that there is a lot about them on various forums is due to the fact that there were a huge quantity manufactured over a long time period as well as being very highly regarded. I have three and they all work perfectly.
I would recommend the "Yashica Guy" website.
Regards
Howard

Jonathan

Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 09:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good! I'm glad to hear that.

I've had a good look at the Yashica Guy website, and Matt Denton's one was also good. They played a part in encouraging me to buy yet another camera, though to be honest it doesn't take much.

Expect more questions from me as I open it up, and here I'd like to say thanks to all those who contributed to the fungus threads, because I'm going to be referring to that soon.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration