Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica TL Electro questions Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Yashica TL Electro questions « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Clarke

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 01:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi- I have a Yachica TL Electro, works fine except when the shutter speeds are 60 and 125. At those speeds, the mirror stays up,I can run the film advance and press the shutter release again, and the mirror will drop.
I removed the bottom cover, and there is an arm that does not release. when i look at the second shutter curtain, it does not close completely. Does the curtain tension need to be adjusted.

Any other suggestions?

thanks in advance

bo

Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2005 - 06:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't have much knowledge but I have the same camera and mine does something simliar. I think mine is due to the fact that the mirror foam is degrading to the point where the mirror gets stuck up on the foam. The foam is quite gummy and crumbly these days.

I think if you look on ebay for the user Interslice, you can find kits that will let you seal the camera back up and replace the mirror foams.

Alex

Posted on Tuesday, September 20, 2005 - 03:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mirror foam replacement is one of the easiest of jobs to do and is quite a pleasant way of whiling away ten or fifteen minutes. I also use the Interslice kit, and for most of my cameras, a strip 37x3mm of the 2mm foam is just perfect. I've found that the easiest way of lining it up is to use the tip of a cocktail stick (or toothpick) to hold it in the centre at the sticky underside, line it up over the edge where it's to go, and tap it gently down with a second cocktail stick from the ends. Doing it that way, I've never had to lift it up again for repositioning.

Richard Clarke

Posted on Tuesday, September 20, 2005 - 07:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi- thanks for the posts so far, but it is not the foam. There is a lever on the underside of the camera that does not release, when I release this lever manually, the shutter curtain will close, and the mirror drops.

My question is why only on a couple of speeds?

Petar Janevski

Posted on Saturday, October 01, 2005 - 02:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Same problem with mine TL,

I have a solution but it is a 90% fix
You have to open the front cover not the botom and try to lock the mirror. When it locks you'll see that there is a little lever that some how does not release on time and gets stuck with another one. I guess that i due to loss of tension in the springs... Try puting a drop of oil on that lever and try again.

Works perfectly if you do one shot at a time, but if you want to make 3 or 4 rapid shots the mirror locks.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration