Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta SRT 201 - Mirror does not work. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Minolta SRT 201 - Mirror does not work. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Julia

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2005 - 10:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi!

Well, I just got a Minolta SRT 201 and it seems to have a problem with the mirror.
When I take a photo, the film advances but the mirror stays in it's primary position.
Can anyone help?

Tks a lot!

Will

Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2005 - 12:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sticky foam mirror cushion, dislocated part in mirror lift linkage, bad damper?

Jon Goodman

Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2005 - 09:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Julia.
Please see if the shutter is opening. The easiest way is to do this without film in the camera...remove the lens and open the film door and watch the shutter on a lower speed (maybe like "4" or "8"). You should see both curtains moving. If the mirror does not flip up quickly when the picture is taken (you should see light in all of the film frame opening), we have a problem. Your message sort of confuses me a bit...the mirror will not move as the film is advanced. Only when the picture is taken will you see a momentary darkening of the viewfinder as the mirror flips up and out of the way...but I think you already know this. Please let us know. With a few more clues, we may solve the mystery yet.

Jon

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration