Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Polaroid 110B Rangefinder repair Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Polaroid 110B Rangefinder repair « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Markus Andersson

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, September 21, 2005 - 01:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi This is my first time posting here and it is also the first time I'm opening a camera to try to repair something so please forgive me if I sound confused.

I recently bought a Polaroid 110B with the intention to convert it into 4*5 sheetfilm. I have now opened the rangefinder to try to understand it and a piece seems to be bent. It is the one that transfers the movment of the lens to the rangefinder. First of all, is this supposed to look like it does in the photo that I link to at the end of my post? Secondly, next to it there's a brass-thing that I need to remove to be able to straighten the bent piece. Do I dare to remove it or will I end up with tiny screws and springs all over the place? Is it hard to get back in the right position if I remove it?

The rangefinder is also slightly unaligned verticaley. How do I adjust it? I also need to adjust it after I have mounted the filmbackholder. How do I do that?

I would be very grateful If someone could help me out. Here a link with a photo from a swedish photosite:
http://www.fotosidan.se/forum/showthread.php?threadid=46360

/markus

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration