Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zorki 4K. Jammed shutter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Zorki 4K. Jammed shutter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gordon Campbell

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 05:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The shutter on my Zorki 4K has suddenly jammed up. Any advice on how to free it would be appreciated.

rick

Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 07:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It depends on what jammed it. There are some notes on general disassembly for inspection and repair here:

http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-58.html

Jon Goodman

Posted on Friday, September 23, 2005 - 06:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you describe the problem to us more completely?

Jon

Gordon Campbell

Posted on Saturday, September 24, 2005 - 03:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks you guys, but I've managed to free it. It seemed like the blinds got caught up together somehow. A slight pull freed them off.

Julian

Posted on Sunday, December 04, 2005 - 12:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am having similar problem with the shutter.
Let me explain with an included link to a picture.
1. The shutter release is stuck in the open position (depressed)
2. Which in turn has the lower metal piece stuck in the downward position.
3. The film advance knob on the right turns freely
4. The upper metal tooth on the metal (non-removable) film sprocket does not grab the lower metal tooth on the curtain advance because of the gap from #2.
5. The film curtain does not advance unless I rotate the shutter speed selector knob and when I do, it doesn't lock it snaps back.
How can I fix this?
Picture at: http://briefcase.yahoo.com/f32club

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Sunday, December 04, 2005 - 05:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The rewind actuating sleeve is either stuck or you have turned it and not then put it back into the film advance position.Try turning the lower piece #2 anticlockwise.It should turn and pop up.If it will not turn or release, remove the back and at the top of the sprocket you will find a slot with a peg screw in it.Sometimes the smallest amount of naphtha or lighter fluid placed in the slot can free up the rewind sleeve.Try working it back and forth and it should eventually free itself. If the sleeve was stuck because of dried lube/grease when the naphtha has evaporated, place a small drop of light oil in the slot and work the sleeve to distribute the oil or place camera upside down for a while so oil will penetrate the top of the sleeve

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration